Monday, March 28, 2011

Love the Scale?

Before baby number four I jumped on a scale every few months. I focused mostly on how my clothes fit and how I was feeling. Since I had my baby, I've weighed myself every day (sometimes twice). I don't want to be obsessive, but it's a lot harder losing baby weight at 36. A study at Brown University proved that weighing yourself daily can help you keep weight off. But what if you get obsessive about the scale? Realize that your weight will fluctuate from day to day, instead of worrying about an individual day, average your weight over a week's time. Calories Per Hour has a great article about how and when to weigh. I think the bottom line is: If weighing yourself daily helps you stay on track, do it. If it upsets you or you get obsessive about it, use another tracker like a tape measure or how your clothes fit. It definitely is a personal decision, another time when you need to decide what works best for you, mentally as well as physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a Mormon.