Saturday, January 12, 2013

Workout

My boys are off registering for the upcoming lacrosse season. Ah, I can just envision it now. My cute boys whacking the opposing team with stick as I yell, "Knock that kid down! Come on, you're bigger than him, take him out!" Lacrosse does not bring out the best in me. I am not a competitive person. I usually think I'm pretty nice, but put pads on my boys and a stick in their hands and I turn into some kind of evil, yelling spectator. Step one is being aware of the problem, so maybe this will be the year that I'll get in control of myself on the sidelines.

Monday's workout was a fun one. We grouped lower and upper body exercises so warmup and then do 20 reps of the lower body and 10-12 of the upper body, repeat through it all 3-4 times then cool-down and stretch.

Lower body - Box jumps, lunge forward and back onto a platform or bench, step-ups, one-legged dead lifts
Upper body - Bicep curls, overhead triceps extensions, pushups, reverse fly, lateral raise

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a Mormon.