Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Workout Swap

At the gym this morning a friend of mine said he wanted to follow me around and do my workout. I laughed and told him it would probably be more effective for both of us if we switched workouts. The conversation gave me an idea. Why not swap workouts? Our bodies adapt to the demands placed upon them quickly, that's one of the reasons we hit a workout or weight loss plateau. One of the best things we can do is change our workout schedule, routine, time, and intensity but I'm sure a lot of you are like me and settle into a comfortable rut. Here's what I suggest.

Let's each write down a week's worth of workouts and share them on the blog. You can post yours in the comment section or email it to me camichecketts(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will post them througout the week (if you email it you will get your very own blog post). Then for the next few weeks we could try several different schedules and workouts and report back on how it went. Feel free to share whatever workout you are currently doing. If you didn't create your workout, give credit to whoever did. Please also provide descriptions of the exercise, especially strength training.

So how about? Are any of you up for a workout swap?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a Mormon.