Monday, October 31, 2011

Cami's Week of Workouts

Happy Halloween!
I hope you all have a wonderful time seeing friends and families, chasing around cute kiddos in fluffy costumes, and stealing Halloween candy from the little ones. (I only steal the chocolate, I'm sure they don't even notice.)

I'm posting a typical workout week for me.

Monday - Treadmill sprints and lower body
Run - 2-4 miles, alternating between 7.0 and 10.0, 30-60 seconds each. I really love playing with buttons. I'll sprint at 10.0 then go down to 6.0 and put the incline up to 15. Or I'll start at 7.0 and up the speed .2 every fifteen seconds until I can't handle anymore. The real goal is to go really hard then ease off until you catch your breath and do it again. Interval work is one of the most effective ways to burn calories initially and keep burning over the next 24 hours.
Lower body circuit - 12-20 reps repeat through 3-4 times
Split lunges (I usually place my back foot on an exercise ball)
Box Jumps
Dead Lifts
Hamstring curls

Tuesday - Spin and upper body
Spin - I attend the spin class at my local gym or make up my own routine of sprints, hills, and jumps.
Upper Body - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Seated Row
Pushup
Lat Pull-down
Lateral Raise
Biceps Curl
Triceps Dip
Plank

Wednesday - Run - 6-8 miles

Thursday - Spin and combo
Spin for 20-30 minutes
Circuit: 3 times through
Push 45-pound plate across gym floor and back
Lunges with weighted bar across gym floor and back (usually about 60 reps)
Single-arm bent-over row
Burpie with pushup

Friday - Treadmill sprints and combo
Run - 2-3 miles of sprints (again, I just play with the control. I try to do at least 6-8 60-second sprints)
3 sets of 10-12 reps:
Lunge forward onto a bench and back onto the floor
Overhead Press
Squat and leap towards ceiling
Incline biceps curl
Triceps Pull-down

Saturday - Long run - between 6 and 15 miles (length depends on if cute boys need me, which they usually do)

Like I said earlier this is a typical week, I try to change things as much as possible to challenge myself. If you have any questions, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a Mormon.