Friday, October 14, 2011

Healthy School Lunch Continued

The day after I posted my complaints on school lunch we received a flyer from the school. Dr. Heidi Wengreen, a friend of ours and a professor at Utah State University, has joined with Dr. Greg Madden and Sheryl Aguilar, to form the Food Dudes Program. They're offering more fruits and vegetables through the school lunch program and studying the children's choices and actual consumption of healthy foods.
We haven't ruled out corn dogs or chicken nuggets yet but at least the healthy options are increasing. Yeah!
If you can, encourage your school to check out the Food Dudes Program. I'm thrilled they're testing it at our school.
I feel guilty for being negative last post. So, let's focus on the positive this time. What has your school done to try to encourage healthy eating?

2 comments:

I'm a Mormon.