Saturday, June 23, 2012

I Am a Runner

I signed my 13yo up for football yesterday. He told me, "I play football but I am a lacrosse player." I guess his lacrosse coaches explained that he should give any sport he plays his all but he was always in his heart a lacrosse player.
This morning I finally decided that I am a runner. I ran 14 miles up Smithfield Canyon with a broken toe after not running for 2 1/2 weeks. I also need to mention that it was hot, windy, I drank from a stream that will probably give me giardia, and at mile two I had to remove my toe wrappings because they were rubbing and my sock was full of blood.
Blood, sweat, and dirty creek water. Yeah, man. I am a runner!
It's funny that I've done two marathons and numerous other races but when people ask me if I am a runner I always say, "No, I'm a weight-lifter who runs."
Today, I am a runner.

2 comments:

  1. What you are is an animal....inspiring or crazy! Not sure which...jk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing so hard because I almost put that in my post. Don't know if I'm proud or half-worried that I'm nuts! Thanks for stopping by the blog,
      Cami

      Delete

I'm a Mormon.