Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Retail Therapy

Last weekend I got away with some wonderful friends. We drove like speed-demons to City Creek Center in downtown Salt Lake. It was delightful. First of all, City Creek is a beautiful outdoor mall. I loved the way it was setup, the creek and water features really added an element of peace and beauty that I've never seen in a shopping center. Second, the shopping was amazing. I actually feel cute in my own clothes now. Yeah! Third, we were able to meet Kristen Oaks (wife of Elder Dallin H. Oaks) at Macy's. She was an angel. It was such a delight to speak with her, feel like one of her friends, and have her tell us that "retail therapy" is extremely important for a woman's mental health. Can you see why we loved her?
All in all, it was a fabulous shopping day that I hope we can repeat really soon. Click here to see pictures of City Creek.




Aren't my friends cute? Notice all the Macy's bags. We're kind of addicts!
Where's your favorite spot for retail therapy?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are all very lovely ladies. Great post! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have a great time together and that's what's important.

      Delete

I'm a Mormon.