Monday, November 21, 2011

Holiday Eating

With Thanksgiving coming up I'm already strategizing about what I will and won't eat. I can skip the rolls, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie but I am definitely enjoying turkey, sweet potatoes, and hand-dipped chocolates.
Health News said those who log more than 5 miles per day could relax about holiday eating because fluctations in their diet are less likely to affect them. I agree that if you work hard you can justify some extra calories once in a while but for me it works best if I set limits.

How about you? What do you have to enjoy at Thanksgiving dinner and what can you do without?

2 comments:

  1. I'll skip the banana cream pie but since I fully intend to eat the pumpkin variety, I'm not sure it's a sacrifice. I'll make sure I walk a lot on Black Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Lots of shopping to burn off calories sounds like fun. But I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice sleep and endure cold for Black Friday deals.

    ReplyDelete

I'm a Mormon.