Thursday, April 8, 2010

Push Past Your Limits

I enjoy interval workouts because I am pushing my body to the limits and burning maximum calories during and after the workout. Do I really enjoy running until I can’t breathe and sometimes feeling as if I’m going to pass out? Not during the moment, but I love that I can conquer over myself, push my physical body when it doesn’t want to go one more step.

Isn’t that a little like life? We’ve come to this earth to prove that we can conquer over the physical body. That we can choose things of the most importance over things that may be easy or even seem more desirable at the time. It’s not always easy, but it sure does feel good to know that we’re stronger than the forces who would drag us away from true happiness now and our eternal destiny in years to come.

So if you want to succeed in being fit and healthy – push yourself harder than is comfortable (within reason, of course, no injuries please).

If you want to succeed in life – push yourself past your comfort level and deny yourself of things that won’t help you meet your goals for this life or for the next.

It may be hard, but it will definitely be worth it.



2 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTER!!! I pushed myself past the comfort zone... RAN a FULL MARATHON!! AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT!!
    Love this post! hoping you are well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! I think that is my favorite thing about marathoning - pushing myself much farther than I ever thought I could.
    Congrats!
    I'm doing well, big and thrilled to be so.

    ReplyDelete

I'm a Mormon.