Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Self-Control

I often talk myself into making mistakes. It's easier to convince myself that I don't have any self-control. I can't stop myself from eating that bowl of ice cream (it's always nice to blame someone else. It's not me, it's my lack of self-control.)

From this day forward I am recruiting the power of positive thinking. I've got more self-control that I know what to do with. I believe that I can stop my fingers from wrapping themselves around that piece of chocolate in the candy dish and plunging it into my mouth. I can resist the urge to whip up a batch of cookies and bake whole wheat bread instead. I can stop eating when I'm full instead of busting. I can wake up a few minutes earlier and work harder at the gym.

I, Cami Checketts, have self-control. (And I have a great back-up plan when that self-control falters. I'm going to call my husband or one of my closest buddies and let them remind me that I'm strong!)

How about it, friends? Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a Mormon.