Friday, September 11, 2009

Exercise - Your Happy Pill

"A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world."

~ Paul Dudley White

I love this quote. Quite often when I'm getting ornery and feeling sorry for myself I turn to chocolate, but I've been on a five-day hiatus from my happy food and I've had to get creative. When I force myself to move (especially when I want to lay on the couch and moan) I feel so much better physically and mentally.

Next time you're tired, grumpy, irritable, or just plain fed up with the world - go on a walk or bike ride, turn on some music and dance, do some yoga, or get on the floor and wrestle with your children. Let me know if it works for you as well as it has for me. If it doesn't - grab some chocolate.

Have a happy weekend,

Cami

8 comments:

  1. great reminder...yes exercise keeps me from going "mental"...it is my "medicine" for SURE!
    The music and dancing is especially great...when I'm feeling "down" I turn it up and we have a "dance party"...that is me and my boys....they think it's fun!
    As for the incentive...nothing fancy...people just like to have something to compete about....the ulitmate prize is they're focus and POSITIVE CHANGE.
    As for the budget...teaching aerobics is my "extra" money...and I use the money I make to "give back"....usually about 50% goes back into incentivies....becoming a WIN / WIN situation for everyone! off to my 10 K race

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic pill -works even better with chocolate!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course...chocolate goes with ANYTHING...in moderation of course!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Cami and Roxy.

    That dang moderation word.

    Roxy, you are amazing. I taught aerobics for ten years. I never even thought of giving prizes out of my own pocket. Your students are lucky to have you. How was the 10K?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visit Pat.
    Warmest wishes,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Cami, Thanks for the great post again. I am second time here at you blog. I also like to share with you a great article "Top 3 Breathing Exercises for Running". I am sure you'll like it and it'll add a positive in your post.
    For more health related articles & information you may have your eyes on health news
    Thanks,
    Allvira

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Allvira for the comment and the fabulous links. I love the article on breathing exercises for running. I needed that!
    Hope you have a wonderful day,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete

I'm a Mormon.